The term foodie implies a level of effort in all things food - trends, sourcing, following food professionals, etc. - that I just don't give it. I love to eat, I love to cook and I talk about it way too much. So, for my friends and family, here are some of the places I've gone, food I've cooked and fun facts to know and tell I thought you might enjoy!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Shout Out to Tim Booth on the Day after His Natal Remembrance Celebration

Dang it, dang it, dang it!  I meant to get this post up before Tim's birthday was over (it's about 1 am, here on the east coast).  *sigh* Ah, well, let's just plow ahead and thank the man for many a wonderful meal. 

Thank you, Tim!!!!

Tim is a soup Czar, for one thing.  Here's a shot of Wednesday night's dessert, courtesy of the maestro:


Oh, soooo freakin' good!  Turkey Curry Sausage Soup.  Now who woulda thunk of that?  Really??  Well, Tim did and it rocked! And, yep, you read that right, dessert.  After a very satisfying entree I still wanted more... but not sweet.  His soup was the perfect finish.

Creamy, but light.  Loaded with savory sausage, bright veggies and flavor, flavor, flavor.  It was still on the menu tonight so you may get lucky if you head to Clementine Friday for lunch or dinner and be able to get some.  If you ever see Tim's cream of crab on the menu, do not stop, do not pass go, put in your order.  You will not be disappointed.  Again, creamy but light (how does he do that???) full of deep crab flavor - awesome!  Totally unlike the gloppy concoctions that are usually passed off as cream of crab around here.  I have two friends, who live in Harford County, who have made me swear to call them when it reappears so they can come get a fix.  I do not think the man knows how to make a mediocre soup.

Soup, of course, is not all he does!  A while back I broke my routine - I usually do supper at Clementine - and went in for breakfast.  Tim sent out a salmon frittata to die for.  Eggs perfect. Capers. Dill. Succulent salmon.  Forget bagels and lox and satisfy your salmon urges with this!

I wish I had a pic of my all time favorite (up to now, of course) Tim dish.  I had it last year and fervently wish it would appear on the menu again.  It was an awesome seafood dish, with the best polenta cakes I've ever had (bar none), bearing up full bodied, plump, sweet shrimp, in a moat of the most superb clear broth.  This dish was Meg Ryan good.  Yeah, you know what I mean!  My highest accolade.  


Happy Birthday, Sir Tim!  Wishing you many, many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment